Why You Should Install a Programmable Thermostat
Programmable thermostats have quickly increased in popularity over the last few decades and homeowners all over the country are appreciating the benefits they offer. Whether they make your home more comfortable or they save you money each month, there are several reasons why you should think about installing a programmable thermostat in your home.
Benefits of Installing a Programmable Thermostat
- Save Money Every Month. Programmable thermostats can save you a great deal of money. Think about it – if you use your programmable thermostat to keep your home’s temperature 1 degree higher in the summer or 1 degree lower in the winter, you’ll be able to save right around 2% on your utility bill every month. But, if you’re able to lower or raise it more than 1 degree when you’re at work or on vacation, you can save even more.
- Increase Your Home’s Energy Efficiency. Programmable thermostats will also improve your home’s energy efficiency, which is not only good for the environment, it’s good for your pocketbook too.
- Leverage the Latest Technology. Modern programmable thermostats leverage the latest technological innovations. Many of today’s models link up with custom smartphone apps and some will even notify you if it detects an issue with your heating and cooling system.
Other Benefits of a Thermostat Upgrade
- Optimize Your Systems. Programmable thermostats can optimize both older and newer HVAC systems. They help all heating and cooling systems run as efficiently as possible; which can also increase their lifespan.
- Save Time Every Day. One thing all programmable thermostat owners enjoy is that they no longer have to adjust it several times throughout the day. When you install a programmable thermostat; you can set the temperatures based on certain times of day, and also days of the week. Then let the thermostat take it from there.
- Manage Your Climate Zones. If your heating and cooling system has multiple climate zones, installing a programmable thermostat is the very best way to manage the climate throughout your entire house.
- Keep Your Home’s Temperatures Stable. Finally, programmable thermostats do an excellent job of maintaining consistent temperatures. Your thermostat will be in charge of turning the air conditioner or heater on in order to keep temperatures exactly where you want them. You’ll never have to worry about your home being too cold in the wintertime or too hot during the summer months.
Contact Estes Heating & Air Conditioning Today!
The entire Estes Heating & Air Conditioning team recommends most homeowners install a programmable thermostat. We really think it’s worth a little extra money. It is one of the best ways to make sure your heating and cooling system operates at peak efficiency. It’ll keep you and your family comfortable all year long. And, what’s even better, is that it will save you money on your utility bills each month. Contact Estes Heating & Air Conditioning today to discover which programmable thermostat we recommend for your home.